With the Pixel lineup, Google is introducing a lot of exciting features like Google Recorder, improved Google Camera, the new Google Assistant, Hold for Me, and more. The company wants to make the Pixel series an exclusive lineup of Android smartphones, with unique features that you won’t find on any other device. However, since most of Google’s enhancements come from its software prowess, it somehow gets ported to other devices and Google does not like it.
So, the search giant is now blocking the installation of some Google apps on other Android 11 devices and showing a “Verification Failure” error. If you are also getting errors like “The new package couldn’t be installed because the verification did not succeed” then here is what you need to do.
In this method, we will be re-installing Google Play Services to fix the Verification Failure error. However, due to the re-installation, you might have to add your Google backup account again and might face battery drain in the initial few hours. Having said all of that, let’s now jump to the steps.
1. First of all, install the Play Services Info app (Free) on your Android smartphone. We are using this app because you can’t access Google Play Services from the Play Store.
2. Next, open it and tap on “App Info“. It will take you to the Google Play Services page.
3. Here, tap on the 3-dot menu on the top-right corner and select “Uninstall updates“. It will give you a warning saying it will replace Google Play Services with the factory version. No need to worry, just tap on “OK”.
4. Now, open the Play Services Info app again and this time, tap on “Play Store“. It will take you to the Play Store page of Google Play Services.
5. Now, simply update the app and then restart your device.
6. Finally, install any Google app and this time, you should not get the ‘Verification Failure’ error on your Android 11 device.
7. If the above method didn’t work for you then there is a root method that will require you to have Xposed Module as well. Just follow the guide by Alessandro Paluzzi and you will be all set. From now on, you won’t get errors like “The new package couldn’t be installed because the verification did not succeed” or “INSTALL_FAILED_VERIFICATION_FAILURE”.
So that is how you can fix the Verification Failure error on Android 11. I tried installing Google Camera on my OnePlus 7T running Android 11 OB2, and it succeeded, but when I attempted to install Google Recorder then it threw the same error: “The new package couldn’t be installed because the verification did not succeed”. However, after re-installing Google Play Services, it worked for me.
So go ahead and try this method on your Android 11 smartphone. Anyway, that is all from us. If you want to learn about all the new features of Android 11, go through our linked article. And if you are facing any issues then let us know in the comment section below.TAGSAndroid 111 Comment